Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

2-for-1 special on the crazies

Most of this blog will be my rantings on my everyday life. I will not share where I work on this site, to protect the innocent haha, but mostly to protect my job.  Me staying at my job that is ;) however yes I am a nurse, at a "procedure center", where we see all sorts of people. And oooooooooh those people! 
Here lately we've had a couple of days I like to call "2-for-1 special on the crazies." Because that's what it has seemed like. One crazy person gets off the elevator and walks up to our front desk, and one more follows suit. 2-for-1 special. I asked this morning if it was a full moon. One special lady today had on a surgical mask b/c she is "deathly allergic" to all types of perfumes and wouldn't use one of our bathrooms b/c it had air freshener in it. She also refused her temperature being taken b/c she was afraid her preop nurse used too strong body soap. Oh my. And because of her extreme hacking cough we were actually afraid she had TB. So, um, that surgical mask wasn't doing anything for anybody. Special. 

At my job I also work with kids. I love working with my kiddos. Today I got to preop a young guy and he noticed my paracord 550 bracelet. He asked if I know anyone in the army or military. I said yes, my husband. "Oh really?" He perked up at this. He asked if my husband was in the Guard or what branch. I said Army Guard. Turns out my little pt is too. So we started talking all about him being in the Army National Guard, how he got in it (dad was in it, also went to YCP at Camp Shelby) and of course, all about my very own GI Joe man, Bret. He was such a sweet kid. Good potential. When I got done preop-ing him I tried not to sound too condescending but I said "from a 28yr-old old lady, I'm proud of you, and so glad you're doing that." He replied with a "yes ma'am" and a "thank you so much"

This blog will also be used to talk about that GI Joe man I mentioned earlier. He's gone right now. To Virginia for officer training (BOLC for you military peeps). Until the end of July. Been gone since the end of March. I just got back from visiting him last weekend. So if you want to be the other part of my 2-for-1 crazy special, I'll let ya know when you're needed (or heck you may very well know before I know ;)) b/c yes I miss my husband like CRAZY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment